Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Frequently Asked Questions About Sponsorship
- Why should I help Save the Children/What is the impact of my support?
- What happens when you become a Partner for Children?
- How do you coordinate your work with other aid agencies, to avoid duplication of services?
- How much of my donation will go toward programs?
- Is my donation tax deductible?
- What is Save the Children’s Tax ID Number?
- How do I make a matching gift?
- How can I donate stock or mutual funds?
- Paying by PayPal?
- Where do I mail my donation to Save the Children?
- How do I make a wire transfer to Save the Children?
- How quickly do you receive funding for donations made by text message?
- I have an issue with the Web donation I made.
- Can I donate if I live in Canada, the UK, or other country?
- Can I help collect funds for Save the Children?
- How can I volunteer at Save the Children?
- I would like to volunteer for a specific emergency.
- How do I apply for employment at Save the Children?
Why should I help Save the Children/What is the impact of my support?
Your gift, pooled with other support, will help us deliver critical aid to children and families around the world and the US during emergencies and within our programs.
What happens when you become a Partner for Children?
When you become a monthly supporter of Save the Children, you make a powerful commitment to changing the lives of children here at home and across the globe. Our Partners for Children are a group of passionate, caring individuals who are committed to giving kids a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
Your support reaches out to 120 countries and helps over 163 million children. You fund 5 types of programs that make a difference in the lives of children – Education, Health & Nutrition, Child Protection, Hunger & Livelihoods and Emergency Response. You commit to a monthly gift that ensures program services are reliable and never interrupted due to lack of funding.
Your monthly gift also ensures that Save the Children can act quickly when an emergency hits to provide immediate disaster relief. Our promise to you is to share the stories of children whose lives you are changing. We’ll do this through:
- Regular email updates
- Reports from our relief workers in the field
- Results and highlights of the programs you’re funding
- Opportunities to connect directly with the team inside Save the Children
- Exclusive invitations to special events
How do you coordinate your work with other aid agencies, to avoid duplication of services?
We work closely with the United Nations, the Government of countries and other aid agencies to coordinate our programs.
How much of my donation will go toward programs?
In fiscal year 2016, on average, 86.5% of all expenditures support program services. 86.5% is an average for all of Save the Children’s programs worldwide. More information about our finances and the use of funds is available: here on our financial page.
- Please contact your HR department and inquire whether or not they have a matching gift program.
- If so, please ask your HR department for a matching gift form.
- Please complete the employee portion of the form and remit to: Save The Children, Attn: Matching Gifts, 501 Kings Hwy E, Fairfield, CT 06825, OR fax the form to475-999-3320 Attention Matching Gifts OR email the form to email@example.com.
- Once the form is received the gift is verified and completed by Save the Children and remitted back to the company for the match. Any further questions to 800-728-2445.
How can I donate stock or mutual funds?
Please visit our Donate Stock or Mutual Funds page.
Paying by PayPal?
Paying by PayPal is an option from Save the Children’s website. PayPal protects your financial information with industry-leading security and fraud prevention systems. When you use PayPal, your financial information is not shared with the merchant. Once your payment is complete, you will be emailed a receipt for this transaction.
Where do I mail my donation to Save the Children?
Checks/money orders should be mailed to: Save the Children, 501 Kings Highway East - Suite 400, Fairfield, CT 06825. Make checks payable to: Save the Children. Please write reason for donation in the memo field.
How do I make a wire transfer to Save the Children?
Please contact Cassandra Kaplan at 475.999.3118.
How quickly do you receive funding for donations made by text message?
A 60 to 90 day delivery time is standard for donations raised by SMS or text. This is a convenient means for donors to reach us and for Save the Children to know that funding is on its way.
I have an issue with the Web donation I made.
Web donations will show up on our database approximately 24 hours after the transaction is complete, but donors will receive an immediate confirmation of their donation.
Can I donate if I live in Canada, the UK, or other country?
Yes, but we only accept donations in U.S. dollars. Donors can contact their local SC office by visiting the SC Canada website at www.savethechildren.ca or the SC UK website at www.savethechildren.org.uk. Foreign donors giving in US dollars (i.e. via credit card) will receive a mailed acknowledgement from Save the Children. These contributions are tax-deductible in the US. They need to consult their tax advisor in their individual country to determine if it is tax deductible there.
Can I help collect funds for Save the Children?
For fundraising tools, please visit our Become a Fundraiser page.
How can I volunteer at Save the Children?
Volunteers for Save the Children educate, advocate and fundraise for the organization from either our Fairfield, Connecticut or Washington, D.C. offices. To learn more please visit our Skilled Volunteers page or our Careers page to submit your resume.
I would like to volunteer for a specific emergency.
Save the Children does not have a formal overseas volunteer program during emergencies. We have internal REDI teams (Responding to Emergencies and Disasters Internationally/Domestically) made up of Save The Children personnel who train year-round in their various fields of focus and expertise in order to be ready to deploy when disaster strikes.
How do I apply for employment at Save the Children?
We are delighted that you are interested in helping children and families in need through Save the Children. At this time, volunteers and job applicants alike must submit a resume through the careers section of our website. Please visit our website at www.savethechildren.org or click on the following link to take you directly to our careers site.
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.