Make a Difference for Children
Save the Children supports a year round internship program centered around the academic calendar. It offers a variety of unpaid semester internship positions that provide a unique opportunity for experience and expansion of knowledge in the non-profit world. Interns have the chance to work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member to help guide their development of skills within their chosen field. Their work focuses on the advancement of important strategic projects.
Internship positions are available in our Fairfield, Connecticut, Washington, D.C., and Kentucky offices. Interns work a minimum of 16 hours per week and a maximum of 40 hours a week.
Why Intern at Save the Children?
- Structured program with orientation and weekly learning opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Promotes academic, career, and personal development
- Candidate must be an actively enrolled undergraduate or graduate student
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States
- Candidate must be able to receive credit from their college or institution. A minimum requirement is a letter from a professor supporting the candidate (this is only needed when an internship is offered).
PLEASE NOTE: An individual who is not enrolled as a student or is not able to receive credit may still apply to an internship but will be re-classified as a skilled volunteer.
September to December
January to May
June to August
Review Our Current Listings
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add email@example.com to your contact list.