Looking to make a difference as an intern or fellow?
Save the Children supports a year round intern and fellowship program. Our program offers semester long paid positions throughout our organization that provide unique learning while doing opportunities, with real hands-on experience and broad exposure to the non-profit world. As an intern or fellow, you will work alongside our amazing Save the Children team members, who are committed to helping you develop and refine your skills within a chosen field. Your work will focus on the advancement of important strategic projects within an assigned department or program.
Intern and fellow positions can be remote OR based in our Fairfield, CT, Lexington, KY and Washington, D.C. offices.
Why Save the Children?
It’s great to be out front! Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with a staff of more than 1,500 people working around the globe. We are on the cutting edge, inspiring breakthroughs focused on achieving immediate and lasting change in children’s lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities.
- Interns and fellows are paid an hourly wage, and work from 16 to 24 hours a week during a specific semester period
- The semester long program is structured, inclusive of orientation, onboarding and weekly learning opportunities
- Participants engage in meaningful work under the direct supervision of a professional Save the Children staff member
- Assignments are collaborative and include innovative teams
- Mentoring and networking opportunities are offered throughout the semester
- Work schedules are flexible
- Academic, career and personal development are promoted through work and programing
- The work you support changes the lives of children all around the world
- Intern Status: Interns may be pursuing Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate education or have graduated within 6 months of start date.
- Fellow Status: graduate or post-graduate student or have graduated within 6 months of start date
- Housing and relocation are not provided
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States (foreign nationals must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school and possess a valid student visa)
Spring: January to April
Summer: June to August
Fall: September to December
Spring: October to December
Summer: February to March
Fall: June to July
Please note: Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact each individual. If selected for consideration, a member of our team will contact you to discuss our recruitment process.
Review Our Current Listings
Thank you for signing up! Now, you’ll be among the first to know how Save the Children is responding to the most urgent needs of children, every day and in times of crisis—and how your support can make a difference. You may opt-out at any time by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email.