Looking to make a difference as an intern or fellow?
Save the Children supports a year round intern and fellowship program. Our program offers semester long paid positions throughout our organization that provide unique learning while doing opportunities, with real hands-on experience and broad exposure to the non-profit world. As an intern or fellow, you will work alongside our amazing Save the Children team members, who are committed to helping you develop and refine your skills within a chosen field. Your work will focus on the advancement of important strategic projects within an assigned department or program.
Intern and fellow positions are available in our Fairfield, CT, Lexington, KY and Washington, D.C. offices.
Why Save the Children?
It’s great to be out front! Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with a staff of more than 1,500 people working around the globe. We are on the cutting edge, inspiring breakthroughs focused on achieving immediate and lasting change in children’s lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities.
- Interns and fellows are paid an hourly wage, and work from 16 to 24 hours a week during a specific semester period
- The semester long program is structured, inclusive of orientation, onboarding and weekly learning opportunities
- Participants engage in meaningful work under the direct supervision of a professional Save the Children staff member
- Assignments are collaborative and include innovative teams
- Mentoring and networking opportunities are offered throughout the semester
- Work schedules are flexible
- Academic, career and personal development are promoted through work and programing
- The work you support changes the lives of children all around the world
- Intern Status: undergraduate or have graduated within 6 months of start date
- Fellow Status: graduate or post-graduate student or have graduated within 6 months of start date
- Housing and relocation are not provided
- Interns and fellows must work in one of our office locations in either Fairfield, CT, Lexington, KY or Washington D.C.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States (foreign nationals must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school and possess a valid student visa)
January to May
June to August
September to December
October to December
February to May
July to September
Please note: Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact each individual. If selected for consideration, a member of our team will contact you to discuss our recruitment process.
Review Our Current Listings
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.