Save the Children Bruderhof volunteer Rose Mommsen holds a 2-year-old girl in the mother-baby space in the George R. Brown convention center shelter in Houston Texas.
Want to Join the Save the Children Team?
From the minute you walk through the door, you can sense that there’s something special going on at Save the Children. The passion. The focus. The smiles. The buzz. The inspiration. No matter the role, every single person at Save the Children has a critical role in keeping our promises to children – both here in the US, and abroad. The work is ambitious and challenging, delivering real results for children and their families.
Why Save the Children?
It’s great to be out front. Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with a staff of more than 1,500 people working around the globe. We are on the cutting edge, inspiring breakthroughs focused on achieving immediate and lasting change in children’s lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities to sustain and support those improvements.
Trust us… it’s not easy doing what we do. Then again, nothing worth doing is ever easy, is it? Our work requires a roll up your sleeves, dig deep, give-it-all-you’ve-got dedication to solving some pretty daunting challenges in the world, and your colleagues will expect it of you. It’s not without reward, though. A career with Save the Children is so much more than working for just any nonprofit organization. Working with Save the Children means investing in children's futures and empowering families to support themselves, with an organization that invests in YOU, too.
Investing in Our Team
Here’s the deal. The work we do is challenging, sometimes complex, and exciting. To reward our incredibly dedicated team, Save the Children offers not-so-basic compensation and benefit offerings:
THE BASICS (The stuff you’d probably expect)
- Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Paid holidays
THE NOT-SO-BASICS (What makes us special!)
- Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
- Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
- Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
- Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
- Summer Fun Fridays – During the summer months, early release at 1:30 pm every other Friday!
- Volunteer Day – One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
- Ergonomic Options – Every employee at our HQ offices has the option of a sitting/standing desk
- Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
- Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
- Language learning opportunities
- Continuous Improvement skill development programs
- Brown Bag information sharing sessions
- Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as networking events, March Madness, World Cup, Dodgeball Tournaments, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service
The first step is to search our opportunities via the “Search Job Openings” button below! All of our opportunities, from Intern to Entry Level to Executive are posted right here. You’ll be able to search for positions that best suit your interests, experience, skills and abilities.
To be considered for any of our opportunities, you must apply via this portal, which will ensure that your resume is seen by our Talent Acquisition team.
Please note: Due to volume, we are not able to contact each interested job seeker. If selected for consideration, you will be contacted by a member of our team to discuss our recruitment process.
Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world's most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children Representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of Child Abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of Child Abuse. All Save the Children Representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Other Ways to Get Involved
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.