Save the Children staff member Austin Albert plays with IsaBella, a kindergartener who participates in U.S. Programs.
Want to Join the Save the Children Team?
From the minute you walk through the door, you can sense that there’s something special going on at Save the Children. The passion. The focus. The smiles. The buzz. The inspiration. No matter the role, every single person at Save the Children has a critical role in keeping our promises to children – both here in the US, and abroad. The work is ambitious and challenging, delivering real results for children and their families.
Why Save the Children?
It’s great to be out front. Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with a staff of more than 1,500 people working around the globe. We are on the cutting edge, inspiring breakthroughs focused on achieving immediate and lasting change in children’s lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities to sustain and support those improvements.
Trust us… it’s not easy doing what we do. Then again, nothing worth doing is ever easy, is it? Our work requires a roll up your sleeves, dig deep, give-it-all-you’ve-got dedication to solving some pretty daunting challenges in the world, and your colleagues will expect it of you. It’s not without reward, though. A career with Save the Children is so much more than working for just any nonprofit organization. Working with Save the Children means investing in children's futures and empowering families to support themselves, with an organization that invests in YOU, too.
Investing in Our Team
Here’s the deal: The work we do is challenging, sometimes complex, and always exciting. To reward our incredibly dedicated team, Save the Children offers benefits that are far beyond what you might expect!
- Aetna Medical with a concierge service
- Delta Dental Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Generous vacation leave
- Paid holidays
What might surprise you:
- Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%.
- Wellness and Safety Leave – Instead of focusing on being sick, we provide 15 paid leave days to focus on you and your family’s well being!
- Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave– 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during your newborn’s first year.
- Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
- Grandparent Leave – because Grandparents are often critical support after a new child is born (and just try to keep them away!), we provide 10 extra paid leave days during a new grandchild’s first year.
- Summer Fun Fridays – For our HQ staff, we have early release at 1:30 pm on scheduled Fridays.
- Volunteer Day– One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
- Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
- Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
- Continuous Improvement skill development programs
- Lunch and Learn information sharing sessions
- Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as Employee Resource Groups, networking events, holiday celebrations, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service.
The first step is to search our opportunities via the “Search Job Openings” button below! All of our opportunities, from Intern to Entry Level to Executive are posted right here. You’ll be able to search for positions that best suit your interests, experience, skills and abilities.
To be considered for any of our opportunities, you must apply via this portal, which will ensure that your resume is seen by our Talent Acquisition team.
Please note: Due to volume, we are not able to contact each interested job seeker. If selected for consideration, you will be contacted by a member of our team to discuss our recruitment process.
Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world's most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children Representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of Child Abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of Child Abuse. All Save the Children Representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
At Save the Children US, we take protection of your personal information very seriously. We are aware that individuals are misrepresenting themselves as Save the Children recruiters by falsely advertising Save the Children job openings, using our company’s name and corporate information. In some cases, these scammers make fraudulent offers of employment to obtain personally identifiable information, such as a financial institution name, home address, and more. So please be mindful of the following:
- All Save the Children open positions are posted on our careers site, recruiting.ultipro.com
- A Save the Children recruiter email has the format of first initial last email@example.com
- A Save the Children recruiter will never email potential employees from free web-based e-mail accounts such as Yahoo.com or Gmail.com
- Save the Children will never ask a potential employee for money as a term of employment or to pay for application processing fees
- Job postings or Microsoft Word employment applications that do not link to the Save the Children career page are not legitimate
If you are contacted by a recruiter and you are concerned about the legitimacy, please contact us here.
Save the Children is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of our commitment to you, we want to ensure that all persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations whenever possible. If you are in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This contact information is for accommodation requests only and is not to be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Other Ways to Get Involved
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add email@example.com to your contact list.