A 9-year-old schoolgirl in Uganda smiles brightly as she practices writing numbers on a chalkboard in her classroom thanks to a charity for children's education.
Every Child Deserves the Opportunity to Learn
Education is the road that children follow to reach their full potential in life.
Yet many children in need around the world do not get a quality education where they can learn and develop. To advance learning, Save the Children’s education programs, in the classroom and at home, are not only a charity for children's education, but a true community partner.
- We train teachers to engage their students through more effective teaching practices.
- We coach parents and caregivers to help their children learn early on, so they are prepared to enter school.
- We offer ways for parents and community volunteers to get kids reading and doing math outside of school hours.
- We introduce children to the power of artistic expression — drawing, painting, music, drama, dance and more — to help them heal, learn and do better in school.
- We make sure that children don't stop learning during a crisis, and we help to keep kids healthy so they don't fall behind or drop out.
Save the Children helped give 13.8 million children around the world the opportunity to learn. Here in the United States, we reached more than 124,000 children in 16 states through our early education and literacy programs — and we distributed nearly 400,000 books to children in need.
Explore Our Children’s Education Programs
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add email@example.com to your contact list.