Since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve been on the front lines.
An entire generation of children is missing out on school, lacking lifesaving health care, worried about their next meal, and at heightened risk of physical and emotional harm – with devastating, lifelong consequences.
In fragile places like conflict zones, refugee camps, and overcrowded communities, where people are already struggling to survive, COVID-19 is having a devastating impact. In the United States alone, child hunger has skyrocketed amid the pandemic.
Save the Children has been responding to children’s many and unique needs since the start of this unprecedented pandemic, currently reaching children in 88 countries. So far, we've changed the lives of 16.4 million people affected by the coronavirus. Support Save the Children’s COVID-19 crisis response – and help protect the future we all share.
In the U.S. and around the world, we're adapting and expanding how we deliver our world-class programs.
- In Yemen, we’re distributing hygiene kits and providing families with information on how to protect themselves from the virus.
- We built an isolation and treatment center in the world's largest refugee camp in Bangladesh’s Cox’s Bazar.
- In Somalia, we’re educating communities about the coronavirus using speakers attached to pickup trucks.
- In the United States, we’re delivering nourishing meals to children who can no longer rely on school for food.
- In Syria, we support teachers who are holding virtual classes on WhatsApp.
Our teams on the front lines are working to provide a higher level care for confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients from both the Rohingya refugee community and the local community in Cox’s Bazar.
To stay current and receive more tools and tips from our experts, sign up here. We’re all in this together.
As the world’s leading expert on childhood, we are right now engaged in the most sweeping humanitarian response in our history.
- We serve in strategic leadership positions across the globe, ensuring children growing up during COVID-19 are healthy, educated and protected from harm.
- We co-chair the UN’s Education in Emergencies Cluster, leading the global effort to ensure children’s education isn’t disrupted during COVID-19 and other crises.
- We’re delivering more nutritious meals combined with learning resources to children in under-resourced rural America during this pandemic than any other nonprofit.
- We are the national leader in America’s rural communities helping children living in poverty prepare for and succeed in school, so they can succeed in life – more important than ever during the COVID-19 crisis.
What is a coronavirus?
What's the difference between a pandemic and an epidemic?
How can I talk to my kids about coronavirus?
Why do schools need to close in response to COVID-19?
How is Save the Children responding to the Coronavirus pandemic?
What is Save the Children’s history of responding to global pandemic threats?
How many people have been affected?
How many people in the U.S. have been affected by the coronavirus?
Are children at greater risk of contracting coronavirus?
What can I do to protect myself and others?
How can I help children and families impacted by COVID-19?
You’re not alone. As the world’s leading expert on childhood, we’re providing parents, schools and communities with tools and tips you can trust about coronavirus (COVID-19) and kids. Together, we’re doing whatever it takes to protect our children.
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.