You’re their best chance for a brighter future.
Every child deserves a bright future. Yet that’s just a dream for millions of children across the U.S. and around the world because of poverty and lack of opportunity.
But today, you can help change that by becoming a Save the Children child sponsor.
For about $1 a day, you can help ensure a child can grow up healthy, learning and safe – no matter where they were born. Learn more about sponsoring a child today.
Lamia's Future is Bright
“We are living in the age of technology, but I think the letter is a powerful tool for communiation and learning. Lamia is learning about the culture and people of another country through letters." - Akhia, age 17, Lamia's sister
For 12-year-old Lamia, joining the sponsorship program meant learning important, practical skills like handwashing and how to stay healthy while living in a vulnerable area.
But getting letters from her very own sponsor, Amy, taught Lamia things she never imagined, like what snow looks like and how other countries celebrate holidays.
Hearing about life in another part of the world inspires Lamia to draw Amy beautiful pictures of her home and school in Bangladesh - and more. "I was inspired by her to draw pictures to illustrate my future dreams," Says Lamia.
Lamia loves reading her letters to the other kids in her community. She shares advice and stories from Amy, carefully saving every letter and birthday card she receives.
What You Receive When You Sponsor a Child
- A welcome kit, including a photo and information about your child.
- The opportunity to write letters back and forth with your child.
- Annual updates and ongoing print communications highlighting the impact of your sponsorship on your child and in the community.
- A personalized online account where updated photos, videos and information about your child will be shared to keep you engaged.
- The joy of knowing you’re truly making a difference!
What Your Sponsored Child Receives
- The opportunity to receive messages from a far-away friend. (Most sponsored children have never received a piece of mail in their entire lives!)
- Safe and friendly places to learn and play.
- Your continued support and investment in their community.
- A brighter future, thanks to you!
How Child Sponsorship Works
Save the Children was the first organization to offer supporters the opportunity to sponsor an individual child. Today, over 80,000 Americans like you change lives as Save the Children sponsors and supporters!
When you sponsor a child, you not only help support a girl or boy as they grow and learn. Your monthly support gets combined with the support of other sponsors – ultimately, helping Save the Children ensure that all children in the community – regardless of whether they have a sponsor – are receiving the life-changing benefits of sponsorship.
When you choose to sponsor a child, you can consider things like the age, gender and location of the child. Once matched, we’ll send you a welcome kit that includes more information about your sponsored child, including a photo and information about how you’re changing their life – and lives in your sponsorship community.
As you watch your ongoing support work to transform the life of your child, we’ll continue to send you updates on how your sponsorship is making an incredible difference – and giving your child a brighter future.