- Today, 17 million children are struggling with hunger
- At least 1 in 4 children don’t have the tools they need for distance learning
- Nationwide, 69% of families are having difficulty making ends meet
- Children of color are twice as likely as white kids to face hunger
- Black and Hispanic children are about 1.5 times as likely as white kids to lack remote-learning tools
Two-thirds of Black and Hispanic families report losing employment income
This new analysis underscores that far too many children in America are facing unrelenting disadvantages that are multiplied by COVID — urgent action must be taken to ensure they have the childhoods they deserve.
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.