About the Advocacy Summit
Save the Children volunteer advocates sent a powerful message that constituents care about this issue.
Children are our future. Yet many don’t have access to basic needs or receive the protection they deserve. They can’t vote, and their voices alone are too soft or distant to reach those who can help. You have the power to change that — you can be a voice for children. Join us for our annual Advocacy Summit in Washington, D.C. on April 10-12.
Save the Children’s Advocacy Summit event will include:
- Learning from leading experts about the greatest challenges facing children today – in the United States and around the world.
- Meeting with government, business and cultural leaders who are standing up for children. Then standing with them to push children to the top of the political agenda.
- Exploring interactive exhibits, dynamic breakout sessions and, for younger participants from around the country, a special forum designed to tap your creativity and empower youth voices.
- ; Speaking with Save the Children staff and dedicated supporters from all walks of life. Count on surprise guests and special performances to build the excitement!
- Visiting Capitol Hill and advocating for children with lawmakers and staff, calling for concrete actions and a promise to join Save the Children in holding our leaders accountable.
Advocacy is an important way to raise issues with your elected officials, and to create lasting change in the lives of children in need. By emailing your Representative, tweeting your Senator or visiting Capitol Hill for Advocacy Summit, you can help push policy makers to ensure children are safe, healthy, educated and free from poverty and hunger. When you speak up, you are the voice of vulnerable children and families who most need to be heard.