Sponsor a Child: Learn How Child Sponsorship Works
When you support children through sponsorship for the holidays, you’re helping to ensure that they can grow up healthy, learning and safe — no matter where they were born. Too many children right here in the U.S. and around the world aren’t getting the opportunity to reach their full potential. But you can help make a difference this holiday season by sponsoring a child for christmas.
Top 3 Questions About Child Sponsorship
What is Sponsorship?
Child sponsorship is a program that enables you to support children, their families and entire communities — giving them the chance to grow up healthy, educated and safe – forever changing their life and future.
How much does it cost to join sponsorship?
Making a difference through sponsorship with Save the Children costs about $1 a day. Just $39 a month is pooled with the donations of others and makes a powerful investment in children’s lives and futures!
Why join sponsorship with Save the Children?
Save the Children is one of the most highly regarded charities in the world, with top charity ratings. We are the world's leading expert on childhood. We work in over 100 countries — including the United States — to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Thanks to our supporters, we achieve tremendous results for children each year. See our latest Annual Report and Financials. See our latest Annual Report and Financials.
What You Receive When You Sponsor a Child:
- A personal welcome kit, including a photo and information about your ambassador child, their community and programs you’re supporting through sponsorship, opportunities for you to get more involved, how you can contact us and so much more!
- Annual updates and ongoing print communications highlighting the impact you’re making through sponsorship.
- A personalized online account where photos, videos and information about your impact will be shared to keep you engaged.
- The joy of knowing that your support is driving change that will ripple throughout children's lives, their families, their communities and their countries.
What Children Receive:
- Safe and friendly places to learn and play.
- Your continued support and investment in their community.
- The opportunity to participate in the empowerment of their community.
- Community-led change that impacts education systems, healthcare and protection.
*Letter-writing is only available for select children. Learn more
How to Support Children through Sponsorship
- Choose an area where you want to make a difference in children’s lives and their communities. No matter where you choose, you’ll help give girls and boys the opportunity to learn and grow.
- About 10 days after you sign up, you’ll receive a welcome kit in the mail. Your welcome letter will introduce you to the children in the area you chose, including photos and more information about how your sponsorship impacts their entire community.
- Watch as your ongoing support enables the work that empowers true change in the lives of children who are impacted by your generosity.
Sponsoring a child increases opportunity for their success in life and beyond
Child sponsorship programs are structured with growth in mind—the growth of the child and the growth of the community.
By partnering with communities for 10-15 years, this long-term commitment allows us to work with the community to thoroughly assess and understand their community’s unique needs and work with them to deliver successful sponsorship programs that achieve lasting results. Learn more!
When our teams transition out of an area, we work to ensure local community members feel confident in continuing the programs we started together without our ongoing support. This allows us to move on to help girls and boys in other communities while ensuring the successes we achieved for children continue.
Stories from Sponsored Children
In 2020, more than 200,000 sponsors worldwide supported programs that directly benefited over 2.4 million children in 22 countries around the world – including the United States. Thanks to our growing community of child sponsors, we continue to increase our impact and reach, helping more children than we did the year before.
At 12 years old, Beauven is already making the world a safer place for kids. She trained to become a Child Health Promoter through her school's sponsored health and nutrition program. Read more
In the rural farming region of Egypt where 16-year-old Ahmed lives, it’s common for children to be forced to leave school so they can help support their families. When Ahmed joined a sponsorship program that allowed him to earn money over the summer and stay in school, his future opportunities changed. Read more
Hope loves to read, but she didn't start out as a bookworm. Every time Hope was asked to read aloud in class, she would cry. But that all changed when she joined Reading Rocks, the sponsored literacy program at her school. Read more
Thank you for signing up! Now, you’ll be among the first to know how Save the Children is responding to the most urgent needs of children, every day and in times of crisis—and how your support can make a difference. You may opt-out at any time by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email.