Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds | Wire Transfers | Give With Your IRA | Donor-Advised Funds | Real Estate | Cryptocurrency | Charitable Lead Trust
Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds
Donating appreciated stocks, mutual funds or bonds to charity is an efficient way to contribute that can provide you with significant tax benefits. You can make a gift of appreciated securities to Save the Children while avoiding capital gains tax, expanding your portfolio and/or obtaining a line of income.
Giving a gift of appreciated securities can help Save the Children continue its life saving mission, support our programs and allow you to leave a lasting impact on children’s lives for years to come.
Making a gift of securities or mutual funds through a wire transfer will offer you the chance to ensure children grow up healthy, learning and safe all while gaining important benefits for yourself.
To inquire about how to make a wire transfer, please contact us at [email protected].
Giving With Your IRA
If you are over the age of 70½ and have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), then a gift from your account may provide the most significant tax savings of any charitable contribution.
While you are eligible to make this gift starting at 70 ½, when you turn 72 you must take a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from your IRA, and a QCD will count towards that RMD.
Calculate your RMD and leave a tax-free gift to Save the Children.
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving vehicle administered by a third party that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAFs are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
For more information on how Donor-Advised Funds work, click here.
Save the Children was one of the first global nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency and has accepted Bitcoin donations since 2013. Today we accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, Zcash, Gemini Dollar and other cryptocurrenies.
Learn more about how to donate cryptocurrency to Save the Children.
Such a generous gift helps us give every last child the opportunity to survive and thrive for years to come — a gift of real estate also helps you. When you give Save the Children appreciated property you have held longer than one year, you qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction. This eliminates capital gains tax.
You can give real estate to Save the Children in the following ways:
- An outright gift: When you make a gift of real estate that you have owned longer than one year, you qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction equal to the property's full fair market value.
- A gift in your will or living trust: A gift of real estate through your will or living trust allows you the flexibility to change your mind and the potential to support our work with a larger gift than you could during your lifetime.
Estimate your real estate value here.
* By clicking on “Estimate your real estate value here,” you will be taken to our partner’s website, which is not owned by Save the Children.
Charitable Lead Trust
You can benefit from the tax savings that result from supporting Save the Children without giving up the assets that you would like your family to receive someday with a donation in the form of a charitable lead trust.
There are two ways that charitable lead trusts make payments to Save the Children:
- A charitable lead annuity trust pays a fixed amount each year to Save the Children and is more attractive when interest rates are low.
- A charitable lead unitrust pays a variable amount each year based on the value of the assets in the trust. With a unitrust, if the trust's assets go up in value, for example, the payments to Save the Children go up as well.
* By clicking on “Calculate your gift here,” you will be taken to our partner’s website, which is not owned by Save the Children.
We're Here to Help
There are many ways you can give to Save the Children. If you are interested in learning more about leaving a legacy gift to us, you can request more information by filling out the form below, or contact the Planned Giving team directly at 1-800-544-4470 or [email protected].
Thank you for signing up! Now, you’ll be among the first to know how Save the Children is responding to the most urgent needs of children, every day and in times of crisis—and how your support can make a difference. You may opt-out at any time by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email.