A Children’s Charity You Can Trust
Donating to Help Children
As the world’s first global charity for children, Save the Children has been devoted solely to serving children’s needs and securing their rights for over 100 years. We have changed the lives of over 1 billion children—all thanks to the generous support of donors like you.
Thanks to caring people like you:
- We helped cut the number of children dying before age 5 by over half since 1990, saving 122 million lives.
- We have delivered quality education to over 273 million children in the last decade – more than any other global development organization.
- And we have created more safe spaces for children in emergencies than any other humanitarian organization.
All this means one thing—your donation to charity helps change children’s lives.
By donating to a top-rated children’s charity like ours, you’re helping to create lasting change for children that ripples throughout their lives, their families and communities – ultimately, transforming the future we all share.
How to Donate to Save the Children
When generous people like you make a donation to Save the Children, children's lives are saved and their futures are brighter. Here are four ways you can make a charity donation.
- Give a one-time gift – Your generous donation today—in amount you choose—helps ensure children around the world have what every child deserves: a future.
- Become a monthly donor – Your continued support throughout the year is a convenient way for you to support children in need, every day and in times of crisis.
- Shop the gift catalog – By selecting a gift through our gift catalog, from a clean water kit to a ready-to-use therapeutic food, you’re making a lifesaving donation to children.
- Sponsor a child – Child sponsorship is a unique kind of program that connects one child in need with one compassionate person like you.
Donate to Children: Where Your Donation Goes
We’ve been using your charitable gifts for children Save the Children has a proven track record of using donations efficiently and effectively for over 100 years. We’re committed to transparency and that’s why you always know where Save the Children donation goes.
What Makes Save the Children a Children’s Charity You Can Trust?
Save the Children is devoted solely to serving children’s needs and securing their rights. This lifesaving work has been recognized by charity watch groups.
Recently, we were proud to receive our 16th four-star rating from Charity Navigator for sound fiscal management and a proven commitment to accountability and transparency.
You can rest assured that your donation to Save the Children is one of the world’s best investments. In fact, we keep administrative costs low so that more funding goes to children’s programs.
A Leading Charity for Children, Thanks to You
Thanks to supporters like you, Save the Children works in over 100 countries, including the U.S., reaching over 100 million children each year. In 2019, we reached more than 144 million children, including 87,000 here in America. Children whose lives are better, whose futures are brighter, because of your actions, your generous support, your commitment to our shared cause.
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.