We Can Help
Contact Marc Vigliotti at (475) 999-3182 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on bequests or to chat more about the different options for including Save the Children in your will or estate plan.
Gifts That You Can Make Today
Appreciated Securities—Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds
Donating appreciated stocks, mutual funds or bonds is an efficient way to contribute that can provide you with significant tax benefits. You can make a gift of appreciated securities to Save the Children while avoiding capital gains tax, expanding your portfolio and/or obtaining a line of income.
Giving a gift of appreciated securities can help Save the Children continue its lifesaving mission, support our programs and allow you to leave a lasting impact on children’s lives for years to come.
To download our stock transfer instructions, please click here.
To download our wire transfer instructions, please click here.
Make a Gift Tax-Free With an IRA
If you are over the age of 70½ and have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), then a gift from your account may provide the most significant tax savings of any charitable contribution.
While you are eligible to make this gift starting at 70 ½, when you turn 72 you must take a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from your IRA, and a QCD will count towards that RMD.
If you are over the age of 70 ½, , a gift from your IRA may be the smartest way to give.
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving vehicle administered by a third party that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAFs are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
For more information on how Donor-Advised Funds work, click here.
We accept bitcoin, Etherium, Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, Zcash and Gemini Dollar. If you would like to support Save the Children through any of the above vehicles please click here.
Ways to Give Real Estate
Such a generous gift helps us give every last child the opportunity to survive and thrive for years to come — a gift of real estate also helps you. When you give Save the Children appreciated property you have held longer than one year, you qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction. This eliminates capital gains tax.
You can give real estate to Save the Children in the following ways:
- An outright gift: When you make a gift of real estate that you have owned longer than one year, you qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction equal to the property's full fair market value.
- A gift in your will or living trust: A gift of real estate through your will or living trust allows you the flexibility to change your mind and the potential to support our work with a larger gift than you could during your lifetime.
* By clicking on “Estimate your real estate value here,” you will be taken to our partner’s website, which is not owned by Save the Children.
Charitable Lead Trust: Protect Your Assets
You can benefit from the tax savings that result from supporting Save the Children without giving up the assets that you would like your family to receive someday with a donation in the form of a charitable lead trust.
There are two ways that charitable lead trusts make payments to Save the Children:
- A charitable lead annuity trust pays a fixed amount each year to Save the Children and is more attractive when interest rates are low.
- A charitable lead unitrust pays a variable amount each year based on the value of the assets in the trust. With a unitrust, if the trust's assets go up in value, for example, the payments to Save the Children go up as well.
* By clicking on “Calculate your gift here,” you will be taken to our partner’s website, which is not owned by Save the Children.
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add email@example.com to your contact list.