A one-year-old boy prepares to receive his Yellow Fever vaccination in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Providing High-Impact Health Programs to Save Lives
Nearly 5.6 million children die each year due to preventable and treatable causes, including 1 million babies who die on the day they are born 1. What's more, child malnutrition often leads to a lifetime of poor health and even death. More than 150 million children in developing countries are stunted 2.
That's why we are committed to providing effective health programs that save children's lives and ensure they grow up healthy.
Thanks to generous donors like you, Save the Children is able to improve maternal, newborn and child health, help end child malnutrition and hunger and prevent HIV transmission, and ensure treatment for those living with HIV before they develop (or to prevent) AIDS — giving 86 million children a healthy start in life and helping 33.3 million children directly with lifesaving care, medicines, preventive treatments and so much more.
How Our Global Health Work Saves Lives:
- Targeting the major causes of maternal, newborn and child deaths
- Providing high-impact, low-cost care that saves children's lives
- Prioritizing community partnerships, facilitating linkages with primary healthcare providers
- Training and equipping frontline health workers to provide basic and lifesaving care
- Responding rapidly during emergencies – when children are most vulnerable
- Pursuing catalytic partnerships to develop and test innovative solutions
Learn About Our Global Health Programs
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.