Every child deserves a healthy start in life. Thanks to people like you, Save the Children continues to be at the forefront of global efforts to end preventable child deaths, with a focus on maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition, alleviating hunger, and preventing and treating HIV and AIDS. Our latest annual report shows, we directly reached 28 million children through our global health programs. Read our latest announcement.
Every day, children are benefitting from high-impact health programs that save lives. LEARN MORE
- Ethiopia: Save the Children awarded $6 million to strengthen Ministry of Agriculture systems and capacity to integrate nutrition into large-scale agriculture programs LEARN MORE
- Kenya: Save the Children awarded multi-year grant from the Pfizer Foundation to reduce Infectious Disease in Children under 5 LEARN MORE
- Global: Save the Children a core partner on $100 million USAID Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services to Scale (MOMENTUM) 2A LEARN MORE
- Global: Save the Children a Core Partner on $209 Million Contract to Advance Universal Health Coverage Through the Development of Sustainable Systems for Health LEARN MORE
- Samoa Measles Outbreak: Save the Children Deploys Emergency Health Unit to Support Response LEARN MORE
- Global: Save the Children a Core Partner on $311 Nutrition Award from USAID LEARN MORE
- Bangladesh: Save the Children Wins $49.5 Million USAID Grant to Support the Government to Significantly Reduce Maternal and Newborn Deaths LEARN MORE
- Tanzania: Save the Children Wins $19.7 Million USAID Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Award to Improve the Nutritional Status of Women, Children and Adolescents LEARN MORE
- Global: Save the Children Receives Global Award from USAID-OFDA for Major Disease Outbreak Readiness LEARN MORE
Nearly 5.6 million children die each year due to preventable and treatable causes, including 1 million babies who die on the day they are born. What's more, child malnutrition often leads to a lifetime of poor health and even death. More than 150 million children in developing countries are stunted. That's why we are committed to providing effective health programs that save children's lives and ensure they grow up healthy.
Thanks to generous donors like you, Save the Children is able to improve maternal, newborn and child health, help end child malnutrition and hunger and prevent HIV transmission, and ensure treatment for those living with HIV before they develop (or to prevent) AIDS — giving 86 million children a healthy start in life and helping 33.3 million children directly with lifesaving care, medicines, preventive treatments and so much more.
How Our Global Health Work Saves Lives:
- Targeting the major causes of maternal, newborn and child deaths
- Providing high-impact, low-cost care that saves children's lives
- Prioritizing community partnerships, facilitating linkages with primary healthcare providers
- Training and equipping frontline health workers to provide basic and lifesaving care
- Responding rapidly during emergencies – when children are most vulnerable
- Pursuing catalytic partnerships to develop and test innovative solutions
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add email@example.com to your contact list.