The Radio Program
Since 1919, Save the Children has invested in children, fighting hunger, poverty, and disease in the United States and 120 countries worldwide. We provide food, water, medical support, education, nutrition, shelter, and more to give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn, and protection from harm.
More than 1 in 10 people around the world go hungry, and malnutrition contributes to up to half of all childhood deaths. The Save the Children Radio Campaign connects listeners with children suffering from malnutrition and chronic hunger. Listeners help provide lifesaving interventions like Plumpy’Nut — a protein and calorie-rich formulated peanut paste — to help children survive and thrive.
Thank You for Being a Partner
Save the Children partnered with Salem Media in 2016. In 4 years and over 100 campaigns, we have raised over $1.3 million! Careful utilization of resources, audience familiarity and solid presentations by passionate and experienced hosts has allowed our campaigns to reach and pass ROI goals each year.
HERE ARE JUST SOME OF OUR INCREDIBLE ACHIEVEMENTS
- Over $1.3M in general campaign revenue raised
- Over 9,000 lifesaving contributions made
- $145 average gift amount received
Save the Children Will Provide:
- :60 radio spots
- Custom spots and promos available upon request
- 25-minute long-form radio program
- Field actualities for production and interview segments to add variety and interest to your campaign
DIGITAL CAMPAIGN COMPONENTS
- Web banners
- Pre-roll video
- Social media sample posts
- E-blast template
- Station-specific URLs for accurate results tracking
DEDICATED CAMPAIGN SPOKESPERSON
- Scott Wilder, 30-year broadcast veteran, available for market visits, interviews, and campaign support
- Daily results reports from Save the Children Real-time call center reporting
TRIPS TO THE FIELD
- Radio station hosts and management are given the opportunity to travel with Save the Children on domestic and international trips to experience, firsthand, the great rewards of the work we do
CHANGING A LIFE LASTS A LIFETIME
Over $1.3 million raised can provide…
- 100,000 children with emergency food following disasters like Hurricane Harvey
- 23,000 boxes of therapeutic food to treat children with severe acute malnutrition
- Over 13,000 migrant children displaced by conflict with access to education
Together, We Can Create Change
Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. By transforming children’s lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add email@example.com to your contact list.