Volunteers hand out emergency go-bags to students at a Prep Rally at Speedway Academies in Newark, N.J. A Prep Rally is an interactive program that helps teach children critical disaster preparedness skills – it’s a signature part of our Get Ready, Get Safe initiative.
Looking to make a difference as a volunteer?
Save the Children welcomes and encourages committed individuals to apply as skilled volunteers in our Fairfield, CT, Lexington, KY and Washington, D.C. offices. Skilled volunteer opportunities range from short-term to long-term assignments, and are offered in a variety of areas such as finance, fundraising, human resources, marketing and communications, public policy, and social media, as well as within international and domestic programs that promote health, education, and protection.
What is a skilled volunteer at Save the Children?
A skilled volunteer is an individual who:
- Supports specific project work under the direct supervision of a Save the Children staff member
- Is able to commit a minimum of 12 hours a week; but may work up to 40 hours for a period of 10 weeks or longer
- Is available to work in one of our office locations in Fairfield, CT, Lexington, KY or Washington D.C.
- Offers services freely, without promise, expectation or receipt of compensation
- Possesses the knowledge and skills needed to do the work
- Is NOT a currently enrolled student or one who has graduated within the past 6 months
Who are our skilled volunteers at Save the Children?
Skilled volunteers include:
- Individuals seeking new experiences to learn and make a difference
- Individuals wanting to re-enter the workforce and sharpen their skills as well as further their professional experience
- Individuals who would like to gain experience in the non-profit sector
- Retirees ready to contribute their skills to making a difference, but seeking the flexibility volunteering offers
Review Our Current Listings
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.