Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Work Where Everyone is Included
Save the Children is committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace as well as in the communities where we work. We’re deeply focused on fostering a culture of belonging, where we celebrate our diverse workforce and all staff are able to bring their authentic self to work and be respected, visible, enabled to do their best work and treated equitably with opportunities for growth.
- We try to listen, deeply and consistently, and create safe space for dialogue at all levels.
- It’s imperative that our leadership team and board is diverse and representative of the children, families and communities we work with. Our leaders have affirmed their accountability on delivering against a range of DEI commitments.
- In our work, we will always advocate for, empower and amplify the voices and views of the most underrepresented.
Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy.
Our Commitments and Progress
We regularly share progress on our DEI initiatives as well as the areas where we must accelerate our pace. We acknowledge there is more work to do to achieve greater impact for our employees, the global Save the Children movement, our sector and the children, families and communities we work with.
We believe EVERYONE at Save the Children plays a critical role in advancing DEI across the organization and for the children, families and communities we work within the U.S. and around the world. We encourage staff to engage in our DEI work by:
- Creating safe space for dialogue where all staff have a voice, are heard and can collectively effect change. We must practice being comfortable with uncomfortable conversations as we examine inequities in our personal and professional lives.
- Thinking about their work through a DEI lens and ensure diverse perspectives are represented in planning, strategy setting and decision-making.
Finally, our Employee Affinity Groups (EAGs) offer employees with shared characteristics, interests, life experiences or demographic factors such as gender, race or ethnicity to meet with others and form deeper connections in a welcoming, inclusive space. Meetings are held during business hours, and are a great way to make friends while promoting diversity, equity and inclusion at Save the Children. Learn more about EAGs.
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.