Send Joy, Send a Smile
Share joy and a smile with a child living in poverty and crisis this holiday. Simply write a short message of encouragement to inspire hope and brighten their day.
- To send an email, click here. Begin your letter with a warm welcome, such as "Dear friend," or "Hi there!"
- Attach a hand-written letter or drawing, or type your message in the body of the email
- Check out our list of dos and don'ts below
- We'll send your letter to a child in our programs
*I understand that by participating I agree to allow Save the Children to contact me by email
What to write about
Not sure what to write? Try a brief note like:
This special time of year makes me think of special friends like you!
I hope your holiday season is filled with peace and joy!
Peace and joy to you and your family this holiday season!
I’m happy to have a friend like you — have a wonderful holiday!
May all your dreams come true this holiday season!
May your holidays shine with love and laughter!
Topics to avoid
Please avoid including the following:
- Last names
- Contact information
- Home addresses
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Social media accounts
- Culturally sensitive subjects
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add email@example.com to your contact list.