PVH and Save the Children
Save the Children has partnered with PVH and their brands – Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, IZOD and Van Heusen – for more than a decade. PVH provides Save the Children with thousands of dollars in program support to focus on Save the Children’s Early Childhood work in the U.S., China, Bangladesh and India. In 2017, PVH expanded its partnership with Save the Children to Ethiopia in an initiative to focus on education and job training for youth.
A Longstanding Partnership
PVH has supported Save the Children for more than ten years. In 2014, they made a $5 million multi-year commitment to our early education programs and, in 2015, expanded our support across businesses, regions and divisions. PVH Chairman and CEO, Manny Chirico, joined Save the Children’s Board of Trustees in 2015, furthering thier commitment and providing the opportunity to help drive future strategy. Some highlights include:
- We continued our support of Save the Children projects in the U.S. and Bangladesh, and began funding a program that provides early childhood education to the children of migrant workers in China.
- We offered our associates the opportunity to attend the first PVH and Save the Children cross-company volunteer service trip to Blackville, South Carolina.
- We launched our Save the Children child sponsorship program globally and made it easier for associates to register online. Contributions fund early learning, literacy, healthy eating and physical activity programs.
- Through in-store collections, our retail associates in the U.S. raised $400,000 for Save the Children’s early education programs.
- Our associates made contributions totaling more than $35,000 to Save the Children’s disaster relief fund following the earthquake in Nepal.
In June 2015, 13 PVH associates personally experienced one of Save the Children’s early education programs by participating in a volunteer service trip to Macedonia Elementary School in Blackville, South Carolina. Save the Children supports special programming and provides a safe learning environment in the area, where many families live in poverty. Our associates got involved in fun learning activities with children from kindergarten through to sixth grade and rolled up their sleeves to help renovate the school’s library. They returned inspired and humbled by our ability to help make a difference.
"During this trip we were able to see firsthand what PVH’s multi-year grant to Save the Children supports, from early literacy and critical thinking to healthy choices, and most importantly, hope and a little light [in their lives]." – Brittany Tumminia - Communications Manager, PVH
Save the Children has partnered with PVH and their brands for over a decade. PVH Corporation provides Save the Children with millions of dollars in program support to focus on Save the Children’s Early Childhood Development work in the U.S., China, Bangladesh and India. In 2017, PVH will expand its partnership with Save the Children to Ethiopia in an initiative to focus on education and job training for youths. Since 2005, PVH has supported Save the Children’s work and mission with nationwide annual in-store donation campaigns. Through its PVH Cares initiative, customers of PVH brand outlet stores like Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Izod and Van Heusen are encouraged to donate between $1 and $25 to the campaign when checking out at the store register. Save the Children is extremely grateful for all of the support we have received from the PVH Brands over the years.
We’ll be in touch! By signing up to receive emails from Save the Children you will receive a subscription to our monthly eNews, access to breaking emergency alerts and opportunities to get involved. To ensure delivery of Save the Children emails to your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.