With increasing and alarming frequency, millions of children worldwide suffer extraordinary adversity brought on by natural disasters and conflicts. Every year, small localized emergencies which are often unreported in the media, and large events that garner international attention, jeopardize children's lives and create major disruptions in their well-being.
Save the Children's dual humanitarian and development mandate has put us on the ground in over 120 countries. Our global presence helps anchor our commitment to respond to any disaster at scale and to ensure that we are supporting children and their families, immediately after the emergency, and as they recover, long after the period of immediate need ends. Responding to an average of 30 humanitarian crises at any one time and with nearly 100 years of experience in responding to emergencies, Save the Children is uniquely positioned to make the greatest impact for children and families in need.
Read our latest report: Children's Emergency Fund.
How to Partner with Save the Children in Emergencies
|Example Relief Banner
- Become an annual partner of the Children's Emergency Fund, underpinning the most critical needs of children in an emergency, and ensuring Save the Children can respond without delay.
- Support an emergency with a corporate gift in the wake of a disaster, ensuring the relief efforts are supported.
- Hold a workplace giving campaign with your employee base. Save the Children offers a secure co-branded online giving pages, which can track how much your employees have donated. We also will provide you with regular updates on what we are accomplishing for distribution to your employees. (Example here)
- Place a Save the Children relief banner on your website to drive consumers to our donation page. A unique banner can be provided to track how much consumers have donated.
- Circulate a Public Service Announcement to you media outlets and partners. (Example here)
- Consider an add-a-donation at-register promotion specifically for relief & recovery efforts in the country affected, leveraging your consumer base.
- Encourage individuals to text to donate by placing a message of support and encouragement to donate on social media or your corporate website. (i.e. Text "Save" to 20222 to donate $10)
- Provide resources to your employee base to help families cope with a crisis. (Example here)
Please contact Ashley Holt, Manager of Employee Engagement to develop a customized emergency partnership with Save the Children: 475.999.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Children's Emergency Fund allows us rush aid to children during a crisis without delay. Save the Children's commitment to respond to any disaster requires that funding must be available in the critical hours during an emergency to deploy, and that's where the Children's Emergency Fund can be lifesaving. The Children's Emergency Fund helps us:
- Deploy trained relief specialists to assess children's needs and organize responses;
- Purchase, preposition, and transport critical relief supplies like food, water and shelter materials;
- Provide basic health care;
- Operate safe spaces for children to play and receive emotional support so they can escape the stress and turmoil around them;
- Organize tracing and reunification programs for children who are separated from their families; and,
- Prepare a team of specialists who can deploy with little notice and are well-trained and equipped to handle complex medical, nutrition, child protection, and education scenarios.
Your support may be working at any time, in any region where we're responding to a crisis.
Children's Emergency Fund Supporters
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Bank of America
- Carnival Corporation & plc.
- Chevron Corporation
- Cummins Inc.
- DC Entertainment
- Walt Disney Company
- DreamWorks Animation
- eBay Inc.
- Google Inc.
- Hewlett Packard
- Johnson & Johnson
- Mattel Children's Foundation
- Procter & Gamble
- Reckitt Benckiser Inc.
- Sony Corporation of America
- Warner Brothers
- Western Union Foundation